Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While she is drivable and only cosmetically damaged, here are some pics of the douche bag who parks next to me and his girlfriend denting my car.

when he hit it:

dents from his gf:

IM Pissed. If you live in the covington/conyers area and you see a spray painted black and green 80's ford pickup draw a big o' dick on it for me. :rant:

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
HS parking lots are dangerous because they're full of immature kids who think they know everything about life with absolutely no experience behind the wheel of a vehicle. IMO, you should have a HS Diploma or GED as a requirement to get a driver's license.

·
JVP
703 Posts
HS parking lots are dangerous because they're full of immature kids who think they know everything about life with absolutely no experience behind the wheel of a vehicle. IMO, you should have a HS Diploma or GED as a requirement to get a driver's license.
I agree, but then you have to remember that same mentality carries over into college for the first few years or sadly more. How about having them pass a common sense IQ test or something. :lol:

·
hates "smart" people
3,569 Posts
This is why I don't drive while in school or college.

To be honest, some drivers in universities are asses too, especially those from Asia. :ninja2: Like my Indian neighbor who I noticed have been speeding in school after he got a mustang. :rant2:

And also Taiwanese rich brats driving Infiniti or Acura, they speed alot too.

I almost got into an accident before with some Chinese looking guy.

I was at a T junction waiting to left. There is no stop sign for the remaining sides, but there is a Yield sign for people crossing the road.

On the same road, the first car yield to let people cross. The second car stop further away from the first car, to let me turn left.

Then some idiot Chinese looking guy wasn't paying attention (he was on the phone), he couldn't stop in time, he cut the 2nd car, and also cut the 1st car (crossing the double line). Luckily I haven't completed my left turn or else it would be almost a head on. Luckily people already finish crossing the road when he came cutting the 1st car. I was damned pissed, I wish i could have read this license plate and report him to the police.

·
King Shango
3,077 Posts
Maybe you should park your car in the less used spaces. When i was in college, people with nice cars would always park in the very back of the parking lot as to not be scratched by people super late for class trying to pull into a spot at 25 miles an hr.You also get a little workout walking the extra distance.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
I hated HS parking lots. People didnt know how to park and at the end of the day when your leaving, everyone tries to play speed racer out of the lot. I saw a lot of cars end up in rear end accidents trying to leave in a hurry.

I was always the one who would chill in the parking lot with the stereo bumping for 15-20 minutes talking to friends and girls before I would leave. I never had a problem.

·
JVP
703 Posts
Maybe you should park your car in the less used spaces. When i was in college, people with nice cars would always park in the very back of the parking lot as to not be scratched by people super late for class trying to pull into a spot at 25 miles an hr.You also get a little workout walking the extra distance.
Thats what I did before I transferred, hell my car didn't move from my apartment when it was nice out and i just walked that mile to school. In the winter not so much. Now that I transferred to a smaller school and just so happens to be the fastest growing college in Michigan even the back of the lots are packed. I try to just park next to other nice cars hoping they have the same respect I do.

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
I have to disagree.

I've always been one to believe that it's about maturity, not age. Unfortunately, not everyone in HS has the maturity to be a responsible driver, but I don't think the kids that ARE responsible have to be punished too.

I doubt I would be where I am today if I didn't have a license, because well, some people know what type of school I go to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Some kids are just straight up stupid. I just graduated last June and I would always park back by the auto shop with the other nice cars. In those 4 years I saw a high number of crashes in that lot, but they were actually caused way more by girls than by guys, usually on the phone talking or texting. My friend had a mustang and it looked like it got hit by a semi from the side when it was just a girl with a heavy foot and a cell phone in the hand that hit him as he backed out.

·
Banned
761 Posts
We seriously need to adopt what they do in Germany. I'd have to get the specifics from my fiance but she says you are required to do $3,000 (US Dollar equivalent) of driver training that involves REAL driving courses and tests. None of this ridiculous throw you through as fast as possible High School driving course. I personally did the B.S. high school driver course and then went out and did an independent driving school as well. I've never had an accident. I agree it is maturity as well to know not to act like a retard behind the wheel, which is why I'm in favor of upping the driving age.

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
I agree it is maturity as well to know not to act like a retard behind the wheel, which is why I'm in favor of upping the driving age.
I disagree. Driving is a privledge, those that act responsible should be PRIVLEDGED to have a valid drivers license, those that act retarded should be PUNISHED, not just by their parents (if that), but I would like to see a license suspended if a teenager commits two or more driving violations, tickets and accidents combined.

I have always been one to believe that it's about maturity, not age. Unfortunately, not everyone in HS has the maturity to be a responsible driver, but I don't think the kids that ARE responsible have to be punished too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We seriously need to adopt what they do in Germany. I'd have to get the specifics from my fiance but she says you are required to do $3,000 (US Dollar equivalent) of driver training that involves REAL driving courses and tests. None of this ridiculous throw you through as fast as possible High School driving course. I personally did the B.S. high school driver course and then went out and did an independent driving school as well. I've never had an accident. I agree it is maturity as well to know not to act like a retard behind the wheel, which is why I'm in favor of upping the driving age.
That is too much money imo, but I do agree that more should be done. I also went to an independent driving school as to not having to take the retarded high school one, and I have never been in an accident (been driving for around 4 years now). I don't get tickets either and I think its due to something that the teacher showed the class. He showed us an uncensored documentary of stupid teenagers doing stupid things in a car and then the ... injuries.. and the way they end up in the hospital.. that scared me straight. I do not speed, I do not get in cars with people I know drive bad, and it is all because of that video. I think that should be shown to everyone in high school.

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
When I was in High School, ages ago. There was a neighborhood across the street. I knocked on the door of the folks that lived there in that neighborhood and asked if it was ok if I parked on the street in front of their house, explained why. They didn't care. So I would park there and walk across the street to school. No issues.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All Great suggestions guys but at my hs you must pay $60.00 to park year round. you buy your parking pass and that pass is to one spot coordinated with numbers mine is 139 if i wish to change it i must buy a new spot, and i only have a few more months left of my junior year. therefore i don't think it would be a good investment.

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
All Great suggestions guys but at my hs you must pay $60.00 to park year round. you buy your parking pass and that pass is to one spot coordinated with numbers mine is 139 if i wish to change it i must buy a new spot, and i only have a few more months left of my junior year. therefore i don't think it would be a good investment.
Tell your school to change your spot, find someone that is willing to trade that has a parking spot in the back where no one is around, explain why you want to trade.

Or...

Find a property accross from your school, buy it, build a parking lot, and only charge half of what the school charges for a full-year pass. :lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well then you got proof of who did the damage to the car. Go to your dean or if that doesn't work then to the police.

·
Yo Yo Yo Yo-Landi
1,764 Posts
Back at my HS all the hicks would arrive super early and back into their parking spots. I would come 10-15 min before class started and see a row of 20-25 trucks all backed into one row of spots. They would be chillin outside beside their trucks spitting dip or on their CB radios talking to each other. :noplease:

I thought it was just a HS thing, but at my college all the ******** still park together and back into their spot. Maybe it's a Texas thing . . . IDK. Funny thing is my college prohibits anyone from backing into a spot, but so many hicks do it they gave up on enforcing it.

·
Remember the Name
1,734 Posts
Sorry to hear this man! I have the same fears everyday when i park my car at the HS...I was lucky enough though to get a corner spot :p so i park as close to the curb as possible.

But i agree with Steveo that the driving age should not be changed but instead it should be harder to get a license. I was partnered up in Drivers Ed. with a girl who had NEVER drove a car in her life!:facepalm: She had no idea what pedal was the brake vs. the gas and so we spent 2hrs everyday after school driving in a parking lot...fml:rant2: She even ended up getting her license before me:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts