Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
2003 mitsubidhi eclipse . I'm putting on 4" fender flares. I need a wide tire to match that. What size will work without rubbing inner wells when turning?馃檪thank u!

Registered
There's other factors that effect how close the wheel is to the the fender liners... like ride height, camber/caster angle, etc. My car is only lowered about an inch in the front and I have 275/40R17 tire with little to no rubbing. It's a 17x9 wheel and I believe the offset is around 35.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
There's other factors that effect how close the wheel is to the the fender liners... like ride height, camber/caster angle, etc. My car is only lowered about an inch in the front and I have 275/40R17 tire with little to no rubbing. It's a 17x9 wheel and I believe the offset is around 35.
I was thinking 225/45R17 deep dish. To accommodate the 4" flares. I'm just worried on the inside clearance.

Premium Member
you can run as wide as you want as long as the offset is good to clear. so i would look at what offset will work. so it will take some measuring.

Reactions: Wide body eclipse

Registered
you can run as wide as you want as long as the offset is good to clear. so i would look at what offset will work. so it will take some measuring.
That's not completely true though. Maybe in the back, yeah, if you don't care about wheel poke. But in the front the more wheel/tire you have outwards from the hub the more likely you are to rub when turning. In the front you want the wheel to tuck as close to the strut as possible. I removed my front Brembos not only for weight savings but also to rid the need of running spacers and aggressive wheel poke.

Registered
My buddy had 235/45's on a set of 17x8 wheels with a +35 offset. This size is wider than the 225/45/17. Check out 4wheelonline. They can assist you on the proper tire size for your wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts