Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3g=totaled
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 gt mt, while im moving and i keep the rpms constant i hear and feel this kind of choppy vibration, i know that my spark plugs are shot but im not sure if that would cause it, it got worse as the weather got a little bit colder and did it during acceleration in the colder weather but im not driving it anymore for the winter so i havent been able to do anything with it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Can you pinpoint/guess where the vibration is coming from... like engine compartment, front wheels, rear wheels, driver or passenger side?

·
3g=totaled
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure its coming out of the engine, and it doesn't do it when i rev it in neutral only when i'm in gear and moving so i cant get under the hood and try to pinpoint it while its making the noise

·
3g=totaled
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i know my throwout is bad it chatters when i let the clutch out while i'm idling and stops when i push it in so i already bought a new clutch from clutchmasters i just haven't put it in yet since i stored the car for the winter, but the the noise it definitely engine its a pretty strong vibration, my guess was spark plugs i just never got the chance to get that intake plenum off to do it but i checked the 3 front and they're all pretty bad do you think that may be it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts