Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

This is my first post! Sorry, but since I am new I am getting to know the Eclipse (although I have been a fan for years)... so I'm sorry if these are dumb questions or have already been answered in some way.

Ok, I am looking to buy either a 2008 or 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS and wanted to replace the standard wheels they come with. I want to get this particular set of wheels:

18" OEM Alloy Wheels 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse New | eBay

When I searched on the internet, it appeared that these wheels were for 2009-2011 models. Then I found one seller (the ebay link above) who listed them for 2006-2009 models. I contacted the seller and they informed me that they do fit all 2006-2009 models. The part number listed on the page is ALY65847u30. Every other site that I found them for sale on say anywhere from 2009-2011, such as this site:

2009 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE ALUMINUM WHEEL

My questions are:
1. Do they fit a 2008? or who can I ask if they really do indeed fit a 2008 Eclipse?
2. Do I need new tires to fit these wheels or will the ones that come standard do fine?

I contacted a few dealership service centers and they have not been helpful. I don't want to order these wheels when I get my new car and find out when installing that they don't fit. I also don't want to start contacting random wheel install places and have them not know about Mitsubishi's and just bullshit me in order for me to come in. Any help would be great!

Thanks

Jennifer

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts
yes they fit and tires depends on what rims are on the vehicle now.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
The wheels are OEM 4G wheels so yes they'll fit on any 4G Eclipse. Assuming you haven't done this already you should join Club4G.org since that is the forum for the car you're interested in (2006-present). This forum is dedicated to the 3G Eclipse (2000-2005). Since you're here though, welcome.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm with Chavez and Finesse on this one. (btw, welcome!) Club4g will most likely be more helpful than most dealerships out here, and for all we know there's a chance that one of the members there is selling their own car (unless you wanted to go brand new).

I trust Chavez more than myself with sizing, but I'm pretty sure they'll fit your <future> car as well. There's only a slight price difference in terms of price, ebay = $479.00, and the other site = $491.40.

Not sure how much help I can be but feel free to shoot me a pm (private message, you just click anyone's name to the left and you'll see it there) and I'll try to help out or find someone who can.

Anyway, welcome again! :wavey:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi!

This is my first post! Sorry, but since I am new I am getting to know the Eclipse (although I have been a fan for years)... so I'm sorry if these are dumb questions or have already been answered in some way.

Ok, I am looking to buy either a 2008 or 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS and wanted to replace the standard wheels they come with. I want to get this particular set of wheels:

18" OEM Alloy Wheels 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse New | eBay

When I searched on the internet, it appeared that these wheels were for 2009-2011 models. Then I found one seller (the ebay link above) who listed them for 2006-2009 models. I contacted the seller and they informed me that they do fit all 2006-2009 models. The part number listed on the page is ALY65847u30. Every other site that I found them for sale on say anywhere from 2009-2011, such as this site:

2009 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE ALUMINUM WHEEL

My questions are:
1. Do they fit a 2008? or who can I ask if they really do indeed fit a 2008 Eclipse?
2. Do I need new tires to fit these wheels or will the ones that come standard do fine?

I contacted a few dealership service centers and they have not been helpful. I don't want to order these wheels when I get my new car and find out when installing that they don't fit. I also don't want to start contacting random wheel install places and have them not know about Mitsubishi's and just bullshit me in order for me to come in. Any help would be great!

Thanks

Jennifer
I'm with Chavez and Finesse on this one. (btw, welcome!) Club4g will most likely be more helpful than most dealerships out here, and for all we know there's a chance that one of the members there is selling their own car (unless you wanted to go brand new).

I trust Chavez more than myself with sizing, but I'm pretty sure they'll fit your <future> car as well. There's only a slight price difference in terms of price, ebay = $479.00, and the other site = $491.40.

Not sure how much help I can be but feel free to shoot me a pm (private message, you just click anyone's name to the left and you'll see it there) and I'll try to help out or find someone who can.

Anyway, welcome again! :wavey:
who is chavez buddy? is he selling some tires and rims for eclipse and other mitsubishi parts? please send me his username and contact number so i can get in touch with him

anyway the site provided by kitkatasick is pretty good but i want to compare prices first before buying anything. thanks in advance. :yesway:

·
Shit happens...
1,514 Posts
who is chavez buddy? is he selling some tires and rims for mitsubishi eclipse? please send me his username and contact number so i can get in touch with him

anyway the site provided by kitkatasick is pretty good but i want to compare prices first before buying anything. thanks in advance. :yesway:
Wow :facepalm:
Chavez is the first person that replied to the OP

And I agree with finesse49ers about the wheels fitting all 4g Eclipses being that they are OEM for the 4g Eclipse. Oh and welcome to the forums :wavey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts