Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, earlier this year I bought a 2001 rs. It was in stunning condition with not a single problem other than a broken clip on the intake with >60k on it.
Current upgrades
interior l.e.d. strips (blue),
CAI.
Nite-shaded corners/reverse lights

To do list for the rest of the year (in order):

Blue inlay for the black interior (something different that I haven't seen on anyone else's on here surprisingly, it's on its way now.)

LED swap (blue)

Black tails (Altezza style probably)

New headlight housing

Lower/AGX struts

Audio System

Current

Before

Bringing her home.

First detail.

·
Silver 03 GS
425 Posts
Clean so far. :yesway: I suggest going with TYC's instead of Altezza's. Worth the extra money you pay for them.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clean so far. :yesway: I suggest going with TYC's instead of Altezza's. Worth the extra money you pay for them.
Thanks man, I am thinking about them but I understand black TYC's are hard to get a hold of now and that they usually have to be resealed and such. I am on a very tight budget as of now though but luckily I'm finding pretty good prices on just about everything.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Looks clean so far!
Move that footwell light to under the dash. it looks nicer.
I got my TYC's for $50 on ebay around February. So worth it.
Get a blue LED swap, some Sonars or Depos, an OEM style wing, black corners and some wheels and you're car will be looking nice.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks clean so far!
Move that footwell light to under the dash. it looks nicer.
I got my TYC's for $50 on ebay around February. So worth it.
Get a blue LED swap, some Sonars or Depos, an OEM style wing, black corners and some wheels and you're car will be looking nice.
I see we think alike. Almost exactly what I play on doing. Forgot to add the oem wing and black/clear signals and reverse. Also thinking about getting a black grillcraft 5 piece kit (w/o adding fogs)

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, rather that putting the lights at the standard place, I'm thinking of having them shine down from under the plastic where you can't see the source from above, also working on fitting the door sill for a courtesy strip of 'em, but that I'll have to custom make myself (always nice to have a friend who owns an electronic repair business)

·
Silver 03 GS
425 Posts
Thanks man, I am thinking about them but I understand black TYC's are hard to get a hold of now and that they usually have to be resealed and such. I am on a very tight budget as of now though but luckily I'm finding pretty good prices on just about everything.
They aren't too hard to find. If you look in the for sale section you can usually snag some goodies for a low price. Your list looks good, happy modding! :wavey:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Also, rather that putting the lights at the standard place, I'm thinking of having them shine down from under the plastic where you can't see the source from above, also working on fitting the door sill for a courtesy strip of 'em, but that I'll have to custom make myself (always nice to have a friend who owns an electronic repair business)
Yeah mine are under the dash. can barely see the source and fills the whole car with light.

·
Silver 03 GS
425 Posts
^^^ That looks really good, very subtle. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The car looks very clean and well maintained from the pictures. Though, I would suggest you move the interior blue lighting to under the dash so the light itself isn't exposed and if it is under the dash facing the bottom then there wouldn't be any blockage or shadows from legs compared to where you have them now. The next little mod you are doing should be nice as long as it doesn't stick out too much. Like at night it isn't really bright because that wouldn't look so good. If it is a lower lighting level then you will pull it off nicely. :yesway:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1,235 Posts
Clean stocker you have there, if you are on a budget, there is still no need to rush things. Best piece of advice I have heard on here was "He who finishes last finishes best".

If you buy those Altezzas, you are going to want TYCs down the line, it happened with me, I had a pair of Sonars, and I quickly grew to hate them.

·
Silver 03 GS
425 Posts
If you buy those Altezzas, you are going to want TYCs down the line, it happened with me, I had a pair of Sonars, and I quickly grew to hate them.
:agreed:

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Clean stocker you have there, if you are on a budget, there is still no need to rush things. Best piece of advice I have heard on here was "He who finishes last finishes best".

TYCs are definitely a future mod, but the stocker tails are just so ugly :( I'm going to get some cheaper altezzas just for a while. My budget should be growing much larger towards the end of the year though, and then I plan on TYCs and many other upgrades (suspension, sway, etc.)

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just as a quick update I'm currently getting a lot of the smaller things done right now.

Painted the golf balls black
Nite-shades on the way for corners/tails
Blue trim should be in any day
Touching up interior paint

·
is unamused.
1,506 Posts
Rice.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts