Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a search and didn't come up with anything really. Was wondering if anyone has bout the precut tint from ebay and or the headlight and fog tint? heres links. eBay Motors: Mitsubishi Eclipse 2000-2005 Perfect Cut Window Tints (item 120211475652 end time Jan-23-08 10:19:53 PST) .................................eBay Motors: Headlight Tint Cover Kit Mitsubishi Eclipse 01 02 03 04 (item 230214682274 end time Jan-21-08 19:29:04 PST) . The tint on my car is crappy purple looking and not dark enough anyway. I'm gonna take it off and replace it but dont really like doing back windows with the non cut stuff (used to tint) so I figure try the cut one and see what what it was like. I was wondering about the ply of this because it says better than gila and so on ,and theres are pretty thick.. Also the Headlight tint. It says for 01-05 for some reason but shows a pic of what looks like 03+ fog lights. Has hanyone done this also? I dont want to paint anything so no smoke, I was looking for the blue tint or yellow for the lights and 5% for the windows. Tint laws here are all the windows except fronts can be painted if you want, but door windows have to be 50% ,but where i live is a higher priced area ad they dont really pull you over seeing all the bmws and mercedes and so on are blacked out. The cops car are even tinted... thanks in advanced

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Cops cars anywhere are tinted... just because they are doesn't mean its legal for a standard passenger vehicle.

But anyhow.. my advice, have your windows just done professionally at a true tint shop and stop surfing ebay for "pre-cut" tints. THe shit purple tint you have is because you purchased some crap DIY roll and most likely have no experience in tinting. If done properly with correct film, it will look very nice, not purple, and won't peel off over time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
"I'm gonna take it off and replace it but dont really like doing back windows with the non cut stuff (used to tint) so I figure try the cut one and see what what it was like" .... I just got the car a week ago and it was like that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Tint laws here are all the windows except fronts can be painted if you want, but door windows have to be 50%"

·
From the Internet
2,303 Posts
I say go professional. I got my car with my tint, so the previous owner had it done. It's not as dark as I'd like but theres no way to tell how dark mine is, unless someone on here can tell me a way.

There's also this thread about window tints in every state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts