Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking for a way to fix this problem for awhile but i cant so i turn to you for help ok the problem is that my passenger window will not row down on either sides unless the door in crack open and the power doors will not function either. i checked all the fuses they are all in good order i would appreciate all the help i can get

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I just told you.

Pull the RF door panel. Find the yellow wire in the connector that controls the window switch and door lock. THERE IS ONLY ONE CONNECTOR. You can't miss it. That wire runs to the power window relay. Therefore it passes through the door jamb and is more than likely the source of your problem. Take a look at a wiring diagram.

There is no shame in having a qualified professional repair your vehicle. Just a thought.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Pull the panel and check the yellow wire from the RF switch to the Window Control Relay.
RF switch? Yellow wire? Do you mean the yellow wire coming from the power window relay going to the two window controllers? Not gonna matter since he said he cant control it from both sides and that yellow wire feeds both the driver and passenger windows. I would say the problem is localized in the drivers window controller.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Ah gotcha. Alright I shall dive into my prints for you tonight. I already know what it is but, to make sure, I'll verify. Your windows, locks, and door are all tied into each other. First, have you checked your window fuses? Don't say "they work so I didn't" please, just check the fuse. Afterward, when I get home, I'll have your answer.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
still waiting for the answer solar
Well hold on there snooty booty! A please would be very gracious of you!! Alright, windows only work when one of the doors are open, correct? K...

DICONNECT YOUR BATTERY FIRST AND FOREMOST.

First, I need you to physically check fusible link number 5, (in your engine compartment), and fuse number 22 and 23, (in the yellow snap holder). I need you to physically pull out the yellow snap holder and verify each of the fuses to be good. As for the fusible link, you can just look in the little window to verify that one.

Next, I need you to check your ETACS unit and make sure all of the connectors, (and I mean all of them), are properly secured.

Next, take a look at your window relay and make sure its properly secured. Its located in your interior fuse junction block/ETACS unit. The relays are small and gray or black rectangles attached to the ETACS. The window one ithe the third relay down if you are looking at it from the driver side. I'm pretty sure the relays are the same so, if the window relay is in fact bad, we can swap it out with another temporarily.

If still no fixy, next will be the voltage checks. Do you have a way to do any voltage checks? If so, then we're gonna need to do some checks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
still waiting for the answer solar
I have a 2001 Eclipse and my power windows & locks do not work in both doors when the drivers door is closed. (started after i replaced a ground, iac and egr) When i open the drivers door at least half ways they start working on both sides of the car and from both door panels. Sounds like the issue several ppl in here had. I determined there is a loose or bad cable between the drivers door and car. Looks like i could rip apart the door to fix this, or just open my drivers door when i need the windows to work. I'm fine with the work around as long as i know the issue. Posting this incase someone else runs into this. Good luck mates!

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,394 Posts
I have a 2001 Eclipse and my power windows & locks do not work in both doors when the drivers door is closed. (started after i replaced a ground, iac and egr) When i open the drivers door at least half ways they start working on both sides of the car and from both door panels. Sounds like the issue several ppl in here had. I determined there is a loose or bad cable between the drivers door and car. Looks like i could rip apart the door to fix this, or just open my drivers door when i need the windows to work. I'm fine with the work around as long as i know the issue. Posting this incase someone else runs into this. Good luck mates!
You said the windows and lock buttons work only when the door is opened... Is it possible that the little black rubber button that turns the interior light on is messed up ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts