Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
We ordered it online, don't remember where, but I see no reason why a specialty auto store wouldn't carry a comparable product.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i did this too my headlights do you think id be looking at LOSING tons of light Output? With 10000k hids?

·
Registered
230 Posts
:lol: With 10,000K bulbs of on anything you'd be losing tons of light output. If I were you I'd drop down to at least 6000K, if not 4300K if you want to be serious about this tinting and have any regard at all for your own safety.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Yes, my buddy and I did it with VHT Nite Shade, a spray on tinter to his Tib. You wouldn't want to use conventional plastic tinting, as it wouldnt conform to the spherical-ish shape of the headlights and would end up looking like crap IMHO.
VHT Nite Shade is not what he was asking about. As far as your window tinti comment, you're wrong.

there are tint films specifically for the head and tail lights...like theyre a little bit thicker so it wont scratch as easily or w.e

but ya u can do it with window tint film...my suggestion is to try lamin-x....thats good stuff!
Correct. There is a specific tint you can use for this purchase and it is much thicker than the conventional window tint you're used too. The application process is the same as standard tint minus the water. You still need a heat gun and a special touch to make it look correct.

Pros... it's removable so you're not "painting" the taillights and it already has a shine to it rather than trying to buff the niteshades to a nice finish.

·
Registered
230 Posts
...oops... All I know is that what we used to tint my friend's taillights worked out extremely well, and I would definitely advise anyone wanting to do this to check it out. But yes it is a permanent change.

·
how bout no
577 Posts
Correct. There is a specific tint you can use for this purchase and it is much thicker than the conventional window tint you're used too. The application process is the same as standard tint minus the water. You still need a heat gun and a special touch to make it look correct.

Pros... it's removable so you're not "painting" the taillights and it already has a shine to it rather than trying to buff the niteshades to a nice finish.
Do you a website where I can order this tint? Also, have you personally seen it applied and if so how hard is it?

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts