Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
2741 - 2760 of 2773 Posts

·
USAF
255 Posts
man cata its cool but they screw up ret pallis its the hardest class to play now i mean DPS wise and the new rides are so complex and i like that having to CC on what at 80we just aoe its cool
If you didnt play Vanilla, you dont know what a "Complex ret pally" truely is, true there was more of a fluid motion for a full dps rotation, but still refreshing seals after every judgment sucked. The new set up for paladins is obnioxus for sure, but it is very balanced, there is only 3-4 main attacks. I regeared my pally in the first level (80) to Ret and from there it hasnt been to bad. Trying to Ret in Prot gear was meh...

been leveling a shammy, sitting at 65 right now will be number 5 for me. new zones changes in cata was fun, but trying to get to tanaris and ungoro was just stupid.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
For anyone who hasn't played in a while, or whoever cares, you can now group for dungeons with Real ID friends on other servers (already live). Also, patch 4.3 details are surfacing.

The gamescom 2011 convention is underway in Cologne, Germany, and the first day kicked off with a few big patch 4.3-related announcements for World of Warcraft. Here's a quick summary of the features and content that the World of Warcraft developers are talking about at the show:

Transmogrification: The ethereals are setting up shop around Azeroth to offer adventurers their latest astonishing interdimensional service. The upcoming Transmogrification feature will let players customize the appearance of their gear like never before. For the full rundown on how it works, check out our recently posted blog: 4.3 Preview - Transmogrification - World of Warcraft

Void Storage: Now that you've got a good reason to hang onto your old gear, you're going to need somewhere to store it all. With Transmogrification comes Void Storage, a long-term stash where players will be able to keep the items they just can't seem to let go of. Those ethereals think of everything, don't they? Look for an official blog post with screenshots and details tomorrow, August 18.

Death to Deathwing: Alongside all this comes a whole lot of new content. The developers revealed that patch 4.3 will feature three new 5-player dungeons, setting the stage for the ultimate fight in Cataclysm: the final showdown against Deathwing himself. Patch 4.3 will include a whole new tier of raid content culminating in an epic boss encounter unlike anything you’ve yet experienced in World of Warcraft.

Raid Finder and More: We're also working on a number of other new features, including a Raid Finder -- a tool similar to the Dungeon Finder designed to match players looking for PUG-friendly raids -- and some cool renovations for Azeroth's traveling Darkmoon Faire.

But don't worry -- there's plenty of time to prepare. We’re keeping a close eye on players’ progress through the Rage of the Firelands content, and lots of folks are still busy working on obtaining the Dragonwrath legendary staff, completing the Molten Front dailies, and rallying to take down Ragnaros. We’ll have lots more details on the raid, dungeons, and other content coming in patch 4.3 in the months ahead, so keep an eye on the official World of Warcraft website.

·
U.S. Secret Service
2,967 Posts
If you didnt play Vanilla, you dont know what a "Complex ret pally" truely is, true there was more of a fluid motion for a full dps rotation, but still refreshing seals after every judgment sucked. The new set up for paladins is obnioxus for sure, but it is very balanced, there is only 3-4 main attacks. I regeared my pally in the first level (80) to Ret and from there it hasnt been to bad. Trying to Ret in Prot gear was meh...

been leveling a shammy, sitting at 65 right now will be number 5 for me. new zones changes in cata was fun, but trying to get to tanaris and ungoro was just stupid.
LOL the good ole days where only the ALLIANCE could have the Paladin...

·
Registered
206 Posts
---------> Winterhoof (PvE) / Heikross / Nightelf / Hunter <--
---------> Winterhoof (PvE) / Mitsuro / Human / Warrior <--
---------> Winterhoof (PvE) / Zaiiyon / Tauren / Druid <--

All 85's, and all I do is pvp, though I didn't predict that when I made them all on a pve realm :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,753 ·

·
U.S. Secret Service
2,967 Posts
:scratch: Actually, that deal was only announced and available a few days earlier than when he posted, so it wasn't old news at all.
Actually it was old news, just wasn't put on the launcher. I was signed up for the Annual pass, here let me find the date for you right now. about a week or 2 before his post, so it was old news. They released hints of it on the forums, and sent links via email to people ( i got one 2 weeks before it was official, either for testing or leaked accidentially i dunno) so i signed up before it was announced on my launcher.

Anyways nice staff.

·
U.S. Secret Service
2,967 Posts
Oh and my buddy has a webforum called Edge Gamers, their alliance and horde guilds are on your server, so if you see any of them be sure to /wave!

·
Symetrical AWD
11,216 Posts
I unstuck this thread cause it hasn't had activity since '11. If you want it stickied again just start posting and let me know.

·
U.S. Secret Service
2,967 Posts
I unstuck this thread cause it hasn't had activity since '11. If you want it stickied again just start posting and let me know.
I've not played wow since the start of this year when our guild leader went MIA... Vodka is no more for those of you that still care or even know.

We...well THEY i should say, xferred to Mal'ganis to be a part of a newly formed superguild called Exodus, which failed.

Killars and myself went to a new home, the days of hardcore raiders is sadly drawing to a close, and i've thus quit world of warcraft.

Casuals ruin things for everyone.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I don't think casuals ruined it for raiders, I think Blizzards attempts to get casuals to raid more (in other words gave them easier and easier access to great loot that was once only the domain of hardcore raiders) ruined it for raiders. Realizing the game became an unending cycle of leveling and then dungeons, heroics, and raiding just ended it for me. Still I spent plenty of time playing, which is NOT something I can say for Diablo 3.

2741 - 2760 of 2773 Posts