Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, new eclipse owner in Tempe, Arizona here looking to buy a GTS intake plenum for my 03 eclipse gts. Two mechanics that looked at my car said I needed a new intake plenum because the shaft seal was bad and causing a vacuum leak. A new intake plenum would cost me $1000+ and I'm not looking to spend so much just to fix this so I'm looking for a used one. If anyone has one for sale or is parting out please let me know. Also if anyone could recommend a trustable mechanic around the east valley it would be a great help! Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies! Just asked the guy parting out his GTS. Waiting for his reply. Just a quick question, should I buy a new intake plenum or a used one? I'm just wondering why a new I take plenum costs $1000+ where as a used one costs a tenth of the price.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Research the two I said. Both can use the diamanté tb and you will see more airflow- in turn more power

Be prepared to gut the butterflies or find a way to make them functional. The gts can use a stock tb but why go through all that trouble and not go the extra mile

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Research the two I said. Both can use the diamanté tb and you will see more airflow- in turn more power

Be prepared to gut the butterflies or find a way to make them functional. The gts can use a stock tb but why go through all that trouble and not go the extra mile
1997 2004 Diamante Intake Manifold 6G74 Plenum Upgrade for 3G Eclipse | eBay

Would this plenum fit on my 03 gts? Honestly I'm still quite new to this but I'm slowly picking up from the basics. Not going to be doing the work myself though, just looking for the right part so my mechanic can fix it without me having to buy a new intake plenum.

·
Fossilized Member
1,206 Posts
Mine was leaking at the shaft too. I just found an O-ring of the approximate size and stuffed it in there. It's been working fine ever since with no vacuum leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts