Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TxTuning.com
6,811 Posts
Message Joey Miller on fb. He's in the c3g fb page selling what few he has left.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I offered a new one for $300 and he scoffed at the price and would rather buy a standalone. Same price right? :sneaky:
Not that I would rather buy a standalone but invest in one, not comparing prices as being the same. Maybe I don’t wanna use the distributor, maybe I wanna use DBW, maybe I wanna have way more control over my ecu than what ecuflash has to offer. They weighing of options is never a bad thing.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not that I would rather buy a standalone but invest in one, not comparing prices as being the same. Maybe I don’t wanna use the distributor, maybe I wanna use DBW, maybe I wanna have way more control over my ecu than what ecuflash has to offer. They weighing of options is never a bad thing.
A standalone with the required custom harness is generally around 1800. And for what? Just a Mivec swap? I make 5-6x what a stock 3.0L puts out and "have control" of everything ecu related.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what a standalone cost and what is needed for it. I've been around the car industry enough to understand that and wiring isn't a problem for me. like I said before people have different thought processes on things and what they want. That's not saying the info you give out isn't wrong or right its strictly your opinion. Its like saying you should buy X items but 2 years later you upgrade to Y items when you could have just gotten Y items from the get go. its all preference on things that people want to spend their money on "all opinions".

I get it you've built/ are in the process of building a pretty bad ass 3G, and prob have a lot of knowledge when it comes to these cars. but no need to be calling people out especially since you don't know who I am or what knowledge I may know. I've been nothing but understand and nice when it comes to this site and frankly its always been a toxic org full of E thugs trying to flex even from the beginning when I joined back in 2004 when I was 18. Since this is more off-topic now a mod can either close the thread or move it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It's not "flexing" or being an "e thug". It's letting others know not to waste their time with a lowballer.

The problem originated with you looking for a part that's no longer made, me offering the part brand new (still in the box even) for what it cost when available, and you acting like that price is outrageous. Then you say you'd rather pay 6x that on a standalone? That makes no sense. What did you expect to pay?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts