Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I don't own a 3G
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some coil-over conversion sleeves for cheap to experiment on my brother's 2000 GT. I don't even need the springs, since most of the springs that come with the cheap kits are way too firm for what I want to do. I just need the sleeves, upper & lower spring perches, etc. Anyone have an old kit that they're no longer using, just taking up space in their garage?

·
I don't own a 3G
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. Unlike many on this forum, I understand there's nothing inherently wrong with coilover sleeves. With proper install and the correct spring rates, a set of coil-over sleeves works just fine. I ran Konis with Ground Control coil-over sleeves on my Subaru for 8 or 9 years through dozens of track days and hundreds of auto-x runs without issue. I typically won SM. I've had coil-overs sleeves on the front of my Mustang (also open tracked and auto-x'd, also running Konis) for about 12 years. The overwhelming majority of Mustangs raced in American Iron are running coil-over sleeves from Griggs or Maximum Motorsports.

·
I don't own a 3G
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah, saw those. I don't understand how they don't have any top hats for the springs. :confused: I sent them a note to find out if they just left them out of the pictures or what.

^ what?! lol

just go with ground controls
yahh is right - I'm looking for cheap, and I'm only looking for some for the front (although if I end up buying a set of 4 to accomplish what I want, that'll work). The GC sets are $400 with springs, so my guess is they'd be ~$200 without springs.

People bitch about the Skunk2/DropZone/ebay special kits all the time. I want to find someone who's looking to unload a set because they got sick of their cheapass coilover sleeves and upgraded to something else! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts