Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my seat. Looking for one that does not look this bad. Also looking for OE amp under passenger seat, all of the weather trimmings for windows/spyder top, and sun visors that aren鈥檛 sun damaged 馃檹馃徑馃檹馃徑
Motor vehicle Automotive design Head restraint Vehicle Car seat cover

Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
Your local upholsterer should be able to repair that seat for less than you will pay to get a replacement ...I`m to far away to help you out.
The top you want is in this link Mitsubishi Replacement Convertible Tops
As for every thing else you mention your going to have to search the wrecking yard ...
Oh yea ... the upholster can redo those sun visors
WARNING... Stay away from an auto top sold by Keys ....
I have seen the top go for a lot less on ebay but I don`t know the manufacturer so I can not recommend it with all honesty
Good luck and welcome to the site .....

Registered
This is my seat. Looking for one that does not look this bad. Also looking for OE amp under passenger seat, all of the weather trimmings for windows/spyder top, and sun visors that aren鈥檛 sun damaged 馃檹馃徑馃檹馃徑 View attachment 44247
I have a set of seats if you are willing to pick up in New York near Poughkeepsie. Message me if interested.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your local upholsterer should be able to repair that seat for less than you will pay to get a replacement ...I`m to far away to help you out.
The top you want is in this link Mitsubishi Replacement Convertible Tops
As for every thing else you mention your going to have to search the wrecking yard ...
Oh yea ... the upholster can redo those sun visors
WARNING... Stay away from an auto top sold by Keys ....
I have seen the top go for a lot less on ebay but I don`t know the manufacturer so I can not recommend it with all honesty
Good luck and welcome to the site .....
I appreciate the help and the welcoming. I鈥檓 in the states, but I鈥檓 in Maine so I could be pretty close to you or I could be on the opposite side of the map lol. I know Canada is a big place. For the top in the link you鈥檝e sent, would you happen to know if it鈥檚 just the top or does it come with seals?

Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
I looked it up out of curiosity....you are 12hr 55 min away .. a 1,248km drive. Like I said .. to far away to help you
The top does not come with the seals .. Like I said .. you will need to find seals at a wrecking yard or search https://millerimportparts.com/Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Eagle-Talon-C336900.aspx?sid=11239
If you find a set of OEM new ... then go buy a lottery ticket because you are one lucky son ++ + +++++....
While I have your attention ... tell me talk about your top...Is it ripped or just leaking ... If its the later I have a fix for that .. Provided the top is in good shape ( just leaking ) you can re-seal the top with 303 Fabric Guard ....Very easy to do at home in a couple hours ...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked it up out of curiosity....you are 12hr 55 min away .. a 1,248km drive. Like I said .. to far away to help you
The top does not come with the seals .. Like I said .. you will need to find seals at a wrecking yard or search https://millerimportparts.com/Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Eagle-Talon-C336900.aspx?sid=11239
If you find a set of OEM new ... then go buy a lottery ticket because you are one lucky son ++ + +++++....
While I have your attention ... tell me talk about your top...Is it ripped or just leaking ... If its the later I have a fix for that .. Provided the top is in good shape ( just leaking ) you can re-seal the top with 303 Fabric Guard ....Very easy to do at home in a couple hours ...
So I bought this vehicle recently. I work professionally as a tech so I have tools and space to make repairs. When it last rained up here, I went to check on the car and found water stream leaking into the car from speaker in corner by passenger side mirror. So immediately I鈥檓 thinking replace window seal and A-pillar seal. Also found some puddle underneath rear bench. So I鈥檓 looking to determine if there is a seal back there as well or if it鈥檚 just the top that has to be replaced. Trunk needs to be resealed as well. Top has a few nicks here and there, but nothing that makes me feel like this top absolutely needs to be replaced, however I鈥檓 not opposed to replacing if that鈥檚 what it comes to. I was hoping to get away with replacing/resealing seals and moving on with my life lol.

Registered
I have toured every salvage yard from Chattanooga to Tampa that claimed to have a driver's side Spyder seat in "good" condition. They all looked like yours. Had to settle for a coupe seat and swap out the seat belt guide from my old seat. That is the only difference. You have to remove the back but the frame is already bored to mount the guide.

BTW, also replaced my top. If you follow the instructions it is not hard to do a professional job in about 10 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts