Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

WTB: Forged Pistons for 6g72 for '00 Eclipse rebuild.

1K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  jocollins 
#1 ·
WTB: Forged Pistons for 6g72 for '00 Eclipse rebuild.

Any offers or recommendations of kits (example: pistons with rings and bearings included--heck, even good gasket kits!) are definitely appreciated. Thanks!

A mechanic was supposed to do a front-end alignment on my car, and decided he should "er' see what she's got", and brought it back barely running and smoking like crazy! Lawyers... Mechanic...

Sigh. A rebuild is in order. Sigh. At my expense.. :rant: Wow. I know, right?

#2 ·
Depending on your budget and how far you want/need to go I'll sell you my built 6G74 longblock.

#3 ·
Actually was wanting to get it rebuilt and probably sell. However, after the rebuild, I may not be able to. I was thinking of the 74 swap for a bit, but I'm not sure how much is involved. I was talking to someone on here about the swap, but haven't had much time to look in to it.

I have not ruled that out yet, for sure. Your build block.. Stock crank and rods with forged pistons? What are you asking for it? I do not have any 74 heads or any parts for that matter, just short of what ever is a direct fit from the 72 of course!

I haven't done much reading on the topic, as I One--haven't had time--school and work... and TWO--just haven't planned on the swap.

I am looking at options! Definately want to get her back running. Preferrably much better than before. :yesway:

#6 ·
It's a direct swap. The heads have been worked and have RPW Stage 2 Turbo camshafts, however you can use your stock 6G72 heads. I'm planning to create a for sale thread for it here pretty soon but I haven't come up with a price for the entire engine yet as I have to go through my invoice to come up with a fair price. The engine is at PharmEcis' shop in Maryland right now, he dropped the oil pan to check for any bearing material and it was clean but he is going to do a thorough teardown to clean it up and to ensure everything is looking as it should. Once that is done I'll contact you before I officially list it. I figured I'd at least mention it to you seeing that you're turboed and in case you wanted to go bigger.

#15 ·
:agreed: you need to figure out what you want to do before you start buying things to rebuild it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.