Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

WTB: V6 Auto Speed Sensor w/ Plug

167 Views 16 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  cfeyhris
I tried pm'ing a couple people and getting no responses. Im looking for a speed sensor and the plug with some wire on it. Preferably, if someone is parting out a 3G or knows of one in a junkyard near them, what i would exactly need is the car put in neutral, unscrew the 10mm bolt, snip the wires of the plug about 1 foot above the plug and pull out. I found the sensor new on rockauto for $40 but I would rather get the plug with it also. Let me know.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Ohhh yeah...shit. I think it might not be any good anymore. I've had that transmission sitting outside in teh rain for like 3 weeks now...I swear I will check tonight.
I can't remember which plug it is, so if you can, send me a pic of where it is.
Ohhh yeah...shit. I think it might not be any good anymore. I've had that transmission sitting outside in teh rain for like 3 weeks now...I swear I will check tonight.
I can't remember which plug it is, so if you can, send me a pic of where it is.
It should be fine since the actual sensor goes into the tranny but you can probably tell by looking at it. If you have the tranny sitting outside you cant miss it its a black plug sticking straight up. Is it still mounted up in the car? Looks just like this, youll see one 10mm bolt which goes in that hole.

See less See more
You think youd possibly still have the plug?
Bump
input side or ouput side? at or 5speed let me know

i can get ya a new one for 25 or 30 + a couple dollars shipping
I have the speed sensor if you want it $15. It doesnt look like what your picture shows. But it says "A/T SPEED SENSOR" right on the box. Sorry about pic quality, i just took the pic with my killer 2mp camera.
See less See more
input side or ouput side? at or 5speed let me know

i can get ya a new one for 25 or 30 + a couple dollars shipping
What you mean input or output? Its for a Auto. I need the sensor plus the plug that gets plugged into it with some wires left on it.

I have the speed sensor if you want it $15. It doesnt look like what your picture shows. But it says "A/T SPEED SENSOR" right on the box. Sorry about pic quality, i just took the pic with my killer 2mp camera.
What was that out of? How come theres no gear?
When I bought my car (00GT Sportronic) it would get stuck in 3rd gear for no reason. The dealer said I probably needed a new speed sensor, so I told him to order me one. I took it to actually mitsubishi dealership so they can change it, but they told me that wasnt the problem. They told me "it was because my CAI sucked in water and supposedly caused the MAF to put the car in a safety state". He reset my ECU and everything was fine.
Is there a cover over the gear or is there no gear attatched to it?? Just want to make sure its the right one and that it'll work. I looked up a 2000 VSS and it looked like the same one I had, not the one your showing.
at my work it says that there is an input or output speed sensor..
Wait, do you need one for an auto or 5spd...?
Rock Auto says that their both the same but I have an Auto. If it looks like the pic then it should be fine.
at my work it says that there is an input or output speed sensor..
Well its probably the output, the input probably goes into the speedometer. It doesnt show a part number or pic?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.