Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says i am looking to trade my 16g turbo set up for a 4G64 SDS.
The parts I have include:
16G turbo from evo 8 no shaft play with wastegate actuator
j-pipe
Turbo manifold
tapped oil pan with lines
Bosche BOV
Intercooler
440cc injectors
and more cant think of the rest right now, will take pictures upon request and will update tommorow.

Just taking interest right now. Am not going to part out. If no one wants to trade I am just going to complete the kit and install when I get my tax return money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am auto/sporty. I feel like the SDS would be less of a headache tuning-wise then a turbo where my options are running dual ECUs that any shop around here probably couldnt tune or a piggyback with limited tuning capabilities, and I cant afford to run a standalone. So im not sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my local junkyard is full of stratus' do their manual transmissions bolt on directly I would imagine they would, I would just need a manual ecu from an eclipse. Transmissions are only 80.00 with 10.00 core charge at the junkyard called Crazy Rays around here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btw twitch im too heavily modifed now to turn back and sell for another. Look at my avatar picture . nitrous, lambo doors, headers, exhaust, cai, etc etc etc.

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Well then, if you can, try to do a swap for sure! Who doesn't love a MT anyway? I hear that the strats and 3g are VERY much alike, but I really have no idea about the trans. It'd be a good thing to look into though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well then, if you can, try to do a swap for sure! Who doesn't love a MT anyway? I hear that the strats and 3g are VERY much alike, but I really have no idea about the trans. It'd be a good thing to look into though.
He said pretty much what I was going to say before I finished posting. MT swap ftw

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I am auto/sporty. I feel like the SDS would be less of a headache tuning-wise then a turbo where my options are running dual ECUs that any shop around here probably couldnt tune or a piggyback with limited tuning capabilities, and I cant afford to run a standalone. So im not sure.

From a fuel management standpoint, it doesn't matter what method was used to compress the air. Tuning properly for boost is no less important via supercharger than turbocharger.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
plus another cool cool thing about turbo and an auto is that once your in boost you never fall out of it on a drag strip. So if your running 10 lbs guess what, you'll be at 10 lbs till it shifts and you can expect a little spike when you shift, about 1-2psi (just for a second and it's perfectly fine) and then 10 all the way to redline again.

·
I Deliver Porsches
1,563 Posts
Id just like to point out that if you run the dual ECU.
Any shop that could tune an EVO (aka everyone and thier mother) could tune your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts