Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GTSEclipse
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to connect my 360 to my comp with the ethernet cable, and my comp connects to a wireless router thats 2 floors down. It says my unit can't connect cause the router is too far. Is there a way for a cheap solution as opposed to buying microsofts 100$ wireless router for the 360?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i tried doing that too and it didnt work either.. it doesnt make sense why it wouldnt but oh well.. the only other way would be to wire it from your router.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I dont know what your saying, but are you telling me that since I have a laptop and it is wireless, that I can use my wireless connection on my laptop for the same wireless connection on my 360. If so I will try that.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Ok that would be great though. I know that wireless connector is expensive. Maybe a regular "computer" wireless usb network card would work, Those have to be cheaper then the 360 one...

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
yes, you can do that with a laptop, let me see if I still have the instructions

edit: darn, I don't have them any more, but there is someone on these forums who does, that's where I got them. I can't remember his username though

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I figured it would work on any, but I think the 360 can also use stuff from the media center edition. I would like to know about the method above though!!!

·
Proud New Dad
4,166 Posts
I have never heard of hooking up your 360 to a computer that uses a wireless connection. Just wire it to your router, the connection will be better anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
yes, you can do that with a laptop, let me see if I still have the instructions

edit: darn, I don't have them any more, but there is someone on these forums who does, that's where I got them. I can't remember his username though
that would be me. I think I still have it. Ill PM you if I find it. But it is possible. My router is all the way in my basement and I didn't feel like running a wire all the way to the there, so I was able to find some instructions to hook it up to my laptop.

·
GTSEclipse
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im an idiot, figured it out. I just bridged my wireless connection instead of trying to make one in its own.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts