Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Precision yesterday and purchased the A/R housing on my Precision T3/T04e turbo from a .48 to a .63.

Part# THF3-27

I'll let you guys know how this works out and if it allieviates boost spikes as I am hoping it will. Upgrading the turbine side will provide for more horse power, but dropping torque a hair. As in, I am expecting at least another 20whp out of just doing this alone.

Just FYI, the turbos that came with the last generation of xtech kits is part #SC-5027E.

Specifications of the Precision turbo provided by xtech eng:

Max Rated HP: 450
Bearing System: 360 Race

Compressor:

Wheel: 54mm
Wheel Inducer: 2.123"
Wheel Exducer: 3.000"
Wheel Trim: 50
Inlet/Outlet: 3"/2"

Turbine:

Wheel Style: T31
Wheel Inducer: 2.559"
Wheel Exducer: 2.121"

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbochargers-display.php?company_id=101795&category_id=3026

·
Registered
190 Posts
Warsheep said:
Can't wait to see how this works for you car. You know if it fixes your spikes and gives you some hp then this is my next purchase :twothumb:
Yeah very true, we can always count on Russ to Pioneer new ideas and bank on the results! You da man Russ!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I am curious as to how this is supposed to open up 20 more hp......does it put less stress or friction on the turbo to have a bigger A/R , therefore helping to create more power? You're spool up time is going to drop a little in addition to the torque, isn't it?

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JoesInBoston said:
I am curious as to how this is supposed to open up 20 more hp......does it put less stress or friction on the turbo to have a bigger A/R , therefore helping to create more power? You're spool up time is going to drop a little in addition to the torque, isn't it?
I will be able to pass more exhaust gas through the turbine which puts less back pressure stress on the engine (not to mention the wastegate). This will drop torque and spool up time but will give me more power. To be honest, with how small a .48 is to begin with, I really don't think I'll notice any significant drop in spool up time. All the other guys that are using .63 on the V6 spool up the same time I do, and Donny is using a .63 on the 4cyl kits. He used a .82 on the V6 kit and didn't spool up until 4K RPMS, so that's way too big.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i know this is kinda OT for this thread but i didnt want to start my own thread for it so, Whats the adapter that goes on your oil filter that provides the oil feed to the turbo. I know golden Eagle makes one and i think greddy does but i dont know what its called or where to get it...?

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bloodroz said:
i know this is kinda OT for this thread but i didnt want to start my own thread for it so, Whats the adapter that goes on your oil filter that provides the oil feed to the turbo. I know golden Eagle makes one and i think greddy does but i dont know what its called or where to get it...?
You want to look at this thread: http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29963

I just use brass fittings off of the oil pressure sensor.

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
I would think you would get some sort of gains on the top end. With the bigger A/R there would be less back presure on the engine. This helps in two ways. First there is not as much exhaust left in the cylinder when the exhaust vavle closes. Second the intake charge would not have as much as a pressure differential during valve overlap, so more of the intake charge would go into the cylinder.

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fasteclipse00 said:
I would think you would get some sort of gains on the top end. With the bigger A/R there would be less back presure on the engine. This helps in two ways. First there is not as much exhaust left in the cylinder when the exhaust vavle closes. Second the intake charge would not have as much as a pressure differential during valve overlap, so more of the intake charge would go into the cylinder.
You are absolutely correct! Good way to put it :) Also in conclusion what you said... less torque.

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JoesInBoston said:
did this alleviate your boost spikes?
Honestly I haven't had a chance to drive my car lately so I won't be able to tell you all for a little bit, I'm doing a lot of other things to it getting it ready for this weekend. I have two shows coming up and I have been driving my Neon to work everyday.

We have another Sporty GT Turbo (Warsheep) here which is getting a new TiAL wastegate & .63 A/R for his kit soon so we'll most likely find out from his car before we will mine. Sorry for the delay but we can only move as fast as our time & money will let us :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.