Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this site and car ownership in general. This is my first car, a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS in the Steel Blue Pearl color. Bought it used in June 2010 with 89,000 miles on it. I'm 18, and it is my first car. Overall, it was in pretty good condition when I got it. Some rust is starting to form on the hatch and some clear coat is peeling, but otherwise, it's good.

Here she is when I first brought her home from the dealership

Modifications

Exterior:

Tinted OEM tail lights and reverse lights.

EBay black housed projector headlights with angel eyes/halos.

Performance

AEM Short Ram Air Intake

All of the modifications were done by my father and I, and was the first time either of us has done these specific modifications to a car, so they are probably not perfect.

Future Plans (Money permitting)

Exterior
Clear turn signals with amber bulbs
New H1 light bulbs for headlights
Maybe new wheels
Maybe a paint job (I hate the light blue color)

Interior
Upgraded sound system
Sparco Carbon Shift Knob
Megan Racing Short Throw Shifter

Performance
Cat-back exhaust. (Custom or pre-made, haven't decided yet.)
Everything needed to lower the car.

Any questions, comments, concerns, and constructive criticisms are welcome. This is my first car and first time modifying a car, so any recommendations from you guys would be most appreciated. :)

·
Premium Member
6,548 Posts
Not bad, I recommend that you take off the front plate if you can, and do not do clear corners, you already have the black theme going, so stick with it, those would stick out like a sore thumb. The tinting you did needs polishing and a clear coat if you haven't already put that on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
RicoSmooth: I posted what I plan on doing under "Future Modifications."
jstewart: I would take off the front plate, but Illinois law requires it.

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
You got to have the front plate in IL. Otherwise i would have had mine off years ago!!! Looks clean.

·
Titanium Spork
9,044 Posts
Car is looking good! Maybe a new battery or something it looks old

Other than that its clean
i think it is just cover thingy being trashed that makes it look old. get rid of it, in that shape is doing nothing for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.