Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 · (Edited)
Sumitomo 245\45R17 HTR ZIII

Now that I have some miles on, and over disapointment of raising suspension, here is a run down of points.
THE GOOD:
Wheel gap remains the same
Wheel well filled out better overall
Softer / quieter ride
CV axle geometry restored. (no more shudder 35-40mph)
Doesn't drag lip on every bump in road.
Forgot to mention grip, tons of grip
THE BAD:
Seat height is only 1/2 inch lower than stock.
Little less responsive than same brand 225/45r17
More rotating + unsprung weight.
Standing water = heightened sense of attention required :ninja2:

Fail/win?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Spring is in the air and time for a little TLC and service.
Nevertheless Polyeurthane was definitely the right choice for a base sealer and the outcome looks really good, only concern will be how the paint holds up under various stresses.
Wellll about a year it would seem.:lol: Rock chips and a steep learning curve of driving other than a 4x4 for the first time left the lip / bumper joint like this

After resealing, priming, and sanding got it back to this with Duplicolor Radiant Silver again. As one can tell I am no paint and body man. A little elbow grease, and a few dollars once a year ain't too bad.

Resurfaced brake rotors and color matched the hats to wheels.

Replaced pads with StopTech 309.03830 rears and 309.05300 fronts, and replaced brake fluid. Was a good time to freshen up caliper paint and a new coat of gloss black on lugs.

Changed power steering fluid.
Changed oil.
The question came up before comparing 03 single piston (top)vs 00 twin piston pads (bottom)

While not Brembos, there are a couple more square inches of pad surface to be had cheap.
Probably did some more, I am tired and that is all that comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
6,548 Posts
I wish, but I can't make that event, it's the GF's graduation that day and I couldn't talk her into skipping with me. :lol:

I almost went down to Gainesville, FL this weekend, but have to stay home and watch dogs instead. :rant:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Congrats on COTM!
Congrats, well deserved. :yesway:
Congrats man!
Congrats COTM! :)
Thanks guys. This really means a lot to me and I just can't convey how much I appreciate it.:wub:

Welp, looks like all the Georgia guys are present and accounted for in the CoTM list. Congrats!
It makes me sad so many have moved on and lost touch. It was pretty cool rolling up to IA with a dozen cars.

·
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO
1,515 Posts
Congratulations on Car of the Month, brother! Definitely well deserved! I love this 3G. :wavey:

201 - 220 of 258 Posts