Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Aside from driving back and forth to work, I have not done much with the car other than maintenance for some time now. Went to North Georgia for a long weekend of driving mountain roads and made a day trip to The Dragons Tail. As it turned out the Miata equivalent of MTOD took place this weekend. It was a lot of fun meeting some of the guys and making spirited jaunts through the hills. There were also quite a few bikes running about, and photo vendors at nearly every good corner.

Put some 1100 miles on the car this weekend, about 500 of which were carving, without as much as a hiccup.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Some nice cars, especially that Evo2. 3G still looking great!
Thanks Nerd. 85k miles since paint, rock chips seem to be multiplying exponentially. Plus some tallywacker backed into the nose attempting to parallel park leaving the scene as well as a crease under the badge.

Looks like fun
Gabe, it is a hoot. If you get down that way, it is a "must do". Wish I had the car when the club was going there as a group.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Well, did some much needed maintenance this week end. Replaced tires with a new set of Sumitomo HTR-Z3 245-45-17, plugs, wires, cap,rotor, vc gaskets. Been getting idle air faults. Cleaned tb, replaced iac with salvage yard part. No change, tightened BIS half a turn and that took care of that. Replaced front brakes with Stop techs as before. A bit of cleaning inside and out, should be ready for the trip to Deal's Gap this week end!!

·
Performance Driven
34 Posts
nice car man, glad your keeping up with it. I'm just about to do some maintenance myself. Might end up pulling my dash again to correct the wrong harness i got and change the heater core.

maybe one day we can meet up and ride the dragon or the gap together. Also I have a couple IAC I pulled from a yard if you need one. They ohmed tested good. I have tactrix, ecuflash, and ecoscan if you ever want to get into the tune as well.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Upgrade

Well, the old Cowgirl got a new stable mate this week. She will remain the daily driver and farm truck as the fun money and mods go into the BRZ. The eclipse is looking a little sad after hitting a giant fing armadillo on the interstate in the wee hours on the way to work. Ripped the lip off, and before I could get back, it was broken in half. Repairs are under way but slow coming.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Kudos to you for keeping up with the eclipse while you have a BRZ around. I think I would have a hard time spending time and money on it while I had a RWD car to play with.

Also, I know it's an old post, but cool to see you were at the tail of the dragon. I went there in 2017 with one of my bikes. It was a blast. Spent the whole day riding back and forth through it. One of the best days I've had on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Thanks buddd. The Eclipse has been such a good reliable car I want to keep her around. I came around too late for MTOD but it looked like so much fun had to go myself. Now I am hooked, and head up there once or twice a year.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
8 years on now and 236k miles the old silver cowgirl plows along. Logged in first time in several months, was wonderful to see some familiar names keeping the faith. Thanks Chad, Bitter and other old timers for keeping this great community rolling along.
Shawn

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
716 Posts
Excuse me Sir. But you forgot to add a link to the Solar Powered Drying Rack.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That was so funny....
On a serious note... where did you get the carbon fibre accents if I may ask...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Excuse me Sir. But you forgot to add a link to the Solar Powered Drying Rack.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That was so funny....
On a serious note... where did you get the carbon fibre accents if I may ask...
The accents are 3M Dinoc vinyl. Still holding up pretty well in the South Georgia sun. Will probably replace the strips on exterior in another year or two.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts