Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I posted a little while back about getting a bike and I currently have a 06 Ninja 250. As most of you stated I would get bored with it pretty quickly.

Well about a week or so after I bought it, I was already looking to upgrade. I went back to the dealership and sat on some more bikes and found that the Kawasakis fit me best. I've been looking at a dealership near me and they have a good sell on the Ninjas. They have the ZX-6R for 7499 and the ZX-10R for 8999 both brand new.

From what I've read the 6R should be plenty but I'd hate to look back a couple months later and realize I should have bought the 10R. Though I have only ridden a bike for about 2 months now. I won't buy anything til it gets warm again (March or so). What do you guys think.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
A 600cc (well, 599cc in Kawi's case) is plenty for you, dude. Especially since you're a beginning novice at riding. Save the extra $1500 and use it towards some kickass gear.

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
A 600cc (well, 599cc in Kawi's case) is plenty for you, dude. Especially since you're a beginning novice at riding. Save the extra $1500 and use it towards some kickass gear.
Exactly what he said.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
231 Posts
with the new zx6r they are 636cc not 599! you have only ridden for a couple months i would get the 6r! no offense but the 10r is really powerful and not recommended for beginners! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I figured the 10r would be too much.

Now to wait on the weather to quit going from 70 to 30 and back to 70.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OT but has anyone had any experience with motorcycle communicators.
It would be for me and another rider, not passenger with full face helmets.
Can anyone recommend any?

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts

They've had 636cc engines for years, where the hell are you getting 599? :lol:

·
Boobs
989 Posts
with the new zx6r they are 636cc not 599! you have only ridden for a couple months i would get the 6r! no offense but the 10r is really powerful and not recommended for beginners! :bigthumb:
Not quite....The 636 is a thing of the past, they are now 600cc. They stopped making them seeing they could not race in any class.

·
Registered
102 Posts
they are 599cc not 636. they completely done away with the 636cc motor and redesigned the motor which is now much fast than the older 636cc motors even though the displacement is smaller.

2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
they are 599cc not 636. they completely done away with the 636cc motor and redesigned the motor which is now much fast than the older 636cc motors even though the displacement is smaller.

2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R
noice :twothumb:

Thanks for teh linkage :naughty:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah i do a lot of research on different things. If i'm into it i'm going to research it first. I just happen to love bikes for years now.

Honestly if you are looking for a good bike to do wheelies on Suzuki are good. the oil pump is in the back that way it wont starve the motor. just my .2 cents

·
Boobs
989 Posts
The older Suzuki’s are actually notorious for blowing motors because of oil starvation. You really need to have an oil pick line in one of those if you plan on doing bp wheelies for long stretches. The F4i is the king of wheelies.

·
They see me rollin'
81 Posts
Well I posted a little while back about getting a bike and I currently have a 06 Ninja 250. As most of you stated I would get bored with it pretty quickly.

Well about a week or so after I bought it, I was already looking to upgrade. I went back to the dealership and sat on some more bikes and found that the Kawasakis fit me best. I've been looking at a dealership near me and they have a good sell on the Ninjas. They have the ZX-6R for 7499 and the ZX-10R for 8999 both brand new.

From what I've read the 6R should be plenty but I'd hate to look back a couple months later and realize I should have bought the 10R. Though I have only ridden a bike for about 2 months now. I won't buy anything til it gets warm again (March or so). What do you guys think.

It depends on the kind of riding you'll be doing. If you're looking to throw up some wheelies and go fast down the streets of where you live then the 10R would do the job quite nicely. I don't reccommend going from a 250 to a 1000 right away, but you can do what you want. Now if you're looking to go to the track and do some tight cornering and knee draggin (this is what I prefer) then you're better off with the 6R. It is going to allow you to carry more corner speed and be more forgiving on the drive out of the corners. It'll also pack plenty of punch for the straights. I ride a 2006 R6 and it performed flawlessly when I took it to the track. Good luck to ya.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Look at all these muthafukkas doubting me :fawk: Kawi discontinued the 636cc engine in 2006 and made the ZX-6RR's (the racing-oriented model) 599cc engine standard and dropped the RR model for 2007. Phear me biatches, I am a magazine rider.

2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R

1 - 20 of 29 Posts