Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

SURPRISE!! LOL, now I'm done. No, SERIOUSLY I'M DONE!!!

41K views 529 replies 93 participants last post by  chaz01gt 
#1 ·
Whew. Yesterday morning I took a nice jetBlue flight to the city of Chicago, Illinois, the 2nd city as they call it. I flew from JFK to O'Hare. I hadn't flown in a plane in almost 5 years and would of liked to have extended that streak but duty called. I'm sure you figured out that I went to buy another car. I've been plotting this move heavily since late last month. What I did get should really be no surprise. What did I get you ask, well here it is:

2006 Lancer Evolution IX SSL :D

You know I need the sunroof ;):

As you could see I brought the neccessities with me, tire iron, socket wrench set, air pump and an OBDII scanner. Everything was on point.:yesway::yesway:

Since I flew to Chicago yesterday and I'm back home in NYC today with the car this morning in less than 24 hours that could only mean one logical thing: I drove dis bish back here! ROAD TRIP!!!!:p

I bought the car from a real cool European guy named Mark. From his accent he sounded like he had roots in Poland but I could be wrong. He's actually the same age as myself. He picked me up from O'Hare in the EVO, we then went to his house, then to his uncles car garage to do all the legal mumbo jumbo and prep the car for the trip to NYC. You know I documents everything with pics so here:

From left to right: Mark's uncle, Mark, myself

Mark's uncles' garage:

Across the street:

I left Chicago around 2:30pm and got home close to 5am. The trip was a nice one. I believe this was the longest distance I've ever driven. 861.3 miles long, all by my damn self.:D

I love to drive especially long distances and I could of made it back home in 2 hours less but I had to stop to sleep for a little over an hour 50 miles from my house. I just couldn't make it. Driving between the hours of 10pm and 2am is my kryptonite and I had to give in a little after 2am just outside the border of PA and NJ. Not bad considering I drove a little over 800 miles in the afternoon heat stopping only for gas when I had to.

I was on the outskirts of the city and from what I saw the place was very nice looking. It was blazing hot in Chicago yesterday (which I love :wub:) and very warm across Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. I took a lot of pics of things in the city and also planned to take some on the way back on I-290, I-90 and I-80 but I had to focus on getting my ass back home. I did take these however:

Rally sign for the Blackhawks:

U.S. Cellular Field, the home of the Chicago white Sox:

The skyline, well kinda :lol::

Overall it was a great experience. Being in other cities and seeing different things for the first time is always cool to me. Now I gotta change this motor oil which I'll do in a few hours. If my plans today go accordingly with the 3G I'll then have a decision to make as to which car to drive to the TOTD this weekend. I might be driving to North Carolina tomorrow to register this bish and then head to TOTD from there Thursday morning. Decisions, decisions.:lol: As far as plans of a build for this car, well for the immediate future there aren't any. Building these Mitsu's is no bullshit. I need a rest and I'm sure Pharm needs one as well. I'm going to sit on this one as it is for at least the rest of this year, but that could be subject to change. But as far as buying anything else, not gonna happen. I'M DONE. No, SERIOUSLY I'M DONE!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
You have way too many cars :fawk:

#6 ·
Yeah I know. I have a beater 87 Nissan Stanza that I haven't posted here as well. That's the EMERGENCY car. I don't even count that. I keep that in front of my house so no one can park their POS there.:D 04MOJOGT's car is basically sold so I'm down to 3. NO MAS!! :lol:

#5 ·
He's a drug dealer!!!! :lol:

#21 ·
Awesome car!! :yesway: I'll trade you :)
Nice adquisition man
Nice pick up. I can't wait to see what you do to it.
Thanks ya'll.:)

ya know.. my offers still stands if you want to by my GVR4. By far faster than any car on this forum :)
:lol: I remember! Really though I'm satisfied with what I have now.

:fawk: you charles. I went from envy to uhhh wanting to murder you lol
I'm murder you at night in the cabin and take the evo :lol:
:lol: Now I gotta watch ya both! :ninja2:

Well I know you can't drive all your cars to the meets, so if you need me to pilot one, NYC is only an hour from me....seriously :eek3:....

Damn Charles, you have a great taste in cars. I can't wait to see what you do with this project. I can only hope that one day my collection is half as nice as yours. Good stuff bro.
Oh I know you're serious.;) Thanks for the compliment. Finding an EVO IX SSL was a little hassle and took lots of time on the interwebs. I actually was going to fly to San Diego in the middle of last week to buy one. The deal was done but the seller got greedy and sold it to a local. He called me the day before I was supposed to fly out there to let me know. Fortunately I didn't buy the plane ticket yet, but so it goes. Now imagine me driving from San Diego to NYC or either NC.:eek: I was going to do just that. I had a plan to drive to Las Vegas to hangout with an old college roommate I haven't seen for 15 years (damn I'm old) for a couple of days and then hike it from Vegas back to the east coast. So I was back at square one and searched hard and found this EVO so it worked out.:yesway::yesway: As you could see I do what I gotta do and go where I gotta go to get something I want. Thanks.

On another note, I did an oil change and checked all fluids again and that bad boy is good to go. There's a possibility of rain at the TOTD on Fri and Sat so it looks like I'll be driving this so I'll be heading down to NC in the morning and leaving from there on Thursday.

#14 ·
Well I know you can't drive all your cars to the meets, so if you need me to pilot one, NYC is only an hour from me....seriously :eek3:....

Damn Charles, you have a great taste in cars. I can't wait to see what you do with this project. I can only hope that one day my collection is half as nice as yours. Good stuff bro.

#29 ·
Don't forget the 2G GSX also.:D The 3G will ALWAYS be 1st priority. That build is about to heat up. You know the bellhousing is done. The custom subframe is in the very beginning stages of development.

Charles don't worry much about Chad murdering but I do recommend sleeping facing up Jameson knows what I'm talking about :fawk:
:lol:

You got some nice cars man...congrats on the new acquisition. Once I am done my engineering degree I can only hope to build my GT spyder and pick up an EVO.
your an asshole :fawk: but seriously, nice grab
:fawk: I want one.

Nice buy :yesway:
:fawk2: Thanks ya'll.

Congrates on the EVO they are real fun cars. I am still finishing the grave build back on mine. It was a abused Evo.Here is a link check it out.
NEW And improved - Mitsubishi Owners Association Mid Atlantic
Will do! Thanks B.

#30 ·
:lol: I'll be in NC tomorrow!! I'll be doing car paperwork. If I knock that out early enough I'm gonna hit up the Crabtree Valley Mall to see the latest goods. I haven't been there my last 2-3 trips down.

#65 ·
stop hoggin all the rides. ya killin us.

but, no, seriously, beautiful. you are one lucky guy. i could only wish to have the abilities to get cars like you.
Ugh. I've wanted every car you own. Perfect taste.
Thanks ya'll.

:clap: wow Charles you did good. That's just beautiful congrads bro. Now your done ?? lol ya right
I give him 2 months max. He'll have another car. :lol: He's almost as bad as CROW
I'm done. NO MAS!!!

Nice ride (as usual) Charles :yesway:
Thanks ja. :yesway:

"Letting these bills fall all over your skin I got money to blowwwwww"

Nice ride(s), all those mitsus you should be Mr. Bishi
You right!

#33 ·
THE FUCK MAN YOU DROVE PAST WHERE I WORK AND DIDN'T EVEN STOP TO SAY HI? I work right next to the road
Google Maps
ALL the roads you'd have gone on leaving chicago.

#39 ·
:lol: Seriously I thought about you too. I remember your location says South of Chicago and I was thinking if I was in "South of Chicago" and how far you were from where I was. Believe me if I known your location and that I was that close I'd of stopped by and said hi. Being my first time there and not having my navi with me had me extra cautious. I brought MapQuest info with me to guide me back. But we'll get up at TOTD for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.